Strong business development professional with a Marketing focus in Public and Government Relations, Psychology, and Applied Communication from University of Natal, South Africa.
• B. Science –Psychology and Management
• Masters in Business Administration (complete 2019)
• Cert IV in Telephone Counselling
• Cert IV in Public Relations
• Statement of Attainment in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
• Lifeline Canberra Chief Executive Officer 2014 - Current
• Lifeline Canberra Board Director 2013 - 2014
• Director Canberra Community Clubs 2017 - Current
• President early Morning Centre 2015 - Current
• President Workplace Health Association of Australia 2014 - Current
• Telephone Crisis Supporter
EA to the CEO & Office Manager
Rachel is a driven professional in both the business sector and creative arts. She has a diverse skillset with 20+ years’ experience in business management, customer service and administration. She is passionate about supporting and enhancing the Lifeline Team.
Rachel was born in Canberra and loves her city! In 2019, she felt it was time to find a position that allowed her to give back to the community that she so loves. When the Lifeline door opened she knew it was the right path. Rachel is proud to be working with a dynamic team which supports the volunteers that provide crisis support for the Canberra community.
Director of Strategic Engagements & Communications
Jenine has a passion for making a difference in our community, raising funds , delivering events, and engaging with sponsors and supporters are all part of raising vital funds and awareness for Lifeline Canberra.
Events and Volunteer Coordinator
Winnie started in 2014 as a trainee at reception. Employed by the Australian Training Company - studying Cert 4 Frontline Management. She completed her traineeship and was lucky enough to be officially employed by Lifeline Canberra. Winnie began in the Event & Volunteer Coordinator role in 2016 and has loved growing up surrounded by such an amazing, supportive and loving group of people.
Melissa joined our Lifeline Canberra family in March 2021. With a background in Operations and Communications in the charity sector, a passion for people and volunteering Mel is thrilled to be apart of our team.
Client & Team Project Coordinator
Laura has a passion for people of the Canberra community and as our Client & Team Project Coordinator, Laura works closely with our trainers to enable and coordinate Mental Health Training across the community.
Laura has a strong background in administration, with over 9 years of experience in a range of administrative heavy roles, such as: Office Manager, Event & Marketing Coordinator and Client Relationship Manager.
• Diploma in Business Administration
• Diploma in Human Resources
• Diploma in Interior Design and Decorating
• Certificate IV in Business Management
• Office Manager
• Event & Marketing Coordinator
• Client Relationship Manager
• Fundraising Event Host (Volunteer), Melanoma Institute of Australia
Corporate Trainer & Business Development
Mark has a been an advocate for reducing stigma and improving mental health for many years and was introduced to Lifeline Canberra through training with the ACT Emergency Services Agency.
As an Intensive Care Paramedic and former Operations Manager for ACT Ambulance Service, Mark has had a varied background in Clinical Care, Emergency Management, Performance Management and developing Welfare Programs. Mark is passionate about improving the reach of Lifeline Canberra and the positive impact that we can have across the community.
• Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Visual Arts
• Advanced Graduate Diploma in Paramedic Science
• Authority to Practice – Intensive Care Paramedic
• 16+ Years Frontline Emergency Response Experience (UK and Australia)
Well-developed communication skills with published text for book, newsletters and articles.
Adaptable, flexible and resilient, channelling energy within the working environment and many volunteer projects. Recognises strength in diversity and fosters the importance working together to achieve mutual goals.
• Macquarie University - Bachelor of Education (BEd), Early Childhood Education and Teaching
• Corporate Trainer - Lifeline Canberra
• Board Member of ACT Disability Reference Group 2017 - Current
• President of ACT Down Syndrome Association
• Director Down Syndrome Australia
Lifeline Programs Manager
Alisha is passionate about people with a focus on supporting people to find and feel their own value. In her role as Lifeline Programs Manager Alisha empowers people so they can support any person in crisis.
With a background in Training & Facilitation mixed with administration and support services Alisha brings excellent communication skills through her passion and an eye for detail in processing the administration.
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment
• Cert IV in Mental Health
• Cert IV in Telephone Counselling
• Cert IV in Business Administration
• Cert III in Early Childhood Education
• Statement of Attainment in Psychological First Aid
• Statement of Attainment in Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
• Master Trainer with LivingWorks Education Australia
• Accredited Crisis Supporter Workplace Training (CSWT) facilitator
• Accredited DV Alert Trainer for General, Disability, Multicultural, Settlement and Indigenous Streams
With a long career in financial administration and logistics, Trish understands the need to maximise resources to be available in times of need, while also maintaining an administrative framework in the background. She is most content when we have a Phone Room filled with volunteers.
As a volunteer herself, Trish feels privileged to listen to a caller who is desperately lonely, suffering from mental illness or so despairing they are considering suicide. She is saddened by the annual increase in calls and the need for Lifeline’s service, and simultaneously comforted by the generous volunteers willing to be there to listen to callers.
• Associate Diploma in Accounting
• Graduate Certificate in Logistics
• Certificate !V in Telephone Counselling
• 20+ years with ActewAGL in finance and logistics management
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2003 – Current
• In Shift Supporter 2005 – Current
• WFM System Administrator 2013 - Current
Felicity is a Centre Supervisor at Lifeline Canberra, providing training and supervision to Crisis Supporters and members of the community. Felicity is passionate about supporting individuals with mental illness particularly in the law enforcement and first responders work place.
• Registered Counsellor with Australian Counselling Association
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• Certificate IV in Telephone Counselling Skills
• Masters of Counselling
• Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science
• Bachelor of Justice
• Mental Health First Aid Trainer
•Telephone Crisis Supporter
• In-shift Supervisor
• Mental Health First Aid Trainer
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2013 - Current
• In-shift Supervisor 2014 - Current
• Centre Supervisor with Lifeline Canberra 2014 - Current
• 10 years working in Law Enforcement with Australian Customs & Border Protection Service
Joshua is passionate about supporting those in crisis and finding ways to foster their resilience. Joshua strives to support those who volunteer to assist with people in crisis and believes in the importance of community mental health knowledge and skills.
• Bachelor of Arts, majoring in psychology (2012-2014)
• Honours in Psychology (2015)
• PhD in Psychology (2018)
• Youth worker 2017- 2018
• Lifeline TCS 2016 - Current
• Menslink Mentor 2017 - Current
As a Centre Supervisor in the Crisis Support Team, Brendan’s drive is to support Lifeline’s committed volunteers working on our Crisis Support Line. He believes our volunteers provide a true gift to the community; their time and their willingness to listen to those in need.
His own experience working on the Crisis Support Line has taught Brendan how resilient humanity can be and he feels honoured to be able to help those in our community who are struggling.
Experience and Qualifications
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2015 - Current
• In-shift Support Supervisor 2018 - Current
• Successful 13+ year career in the Australian Public Service
• Fun therapist – Camp Quality
• Bachelor of Communications
Dion who started May 2021 is a Centre Supervisor committed to strengthening mental health among the community. Dion’s goal is to facilitate support to those in times of crisis, especially to people in vulnerable situations such as people living with disability and young people.
•Support worker for people with mental and physical disability (2020-2021)
•Ongoing Bachelor of Science, Majoring in psychology
Rosie joined Lifeline Canberra as a Centre Supervisor in May 2021 and is focused on providing support to Lifeline Canberra’s amazing volunteers. Rosie is passionate about people being listened to and finding their voice
He has over 7 years of experience across different domains of Human resource function. Kunal is passionate about People, Organisation Culture and Dynamics. He has been looking after Human Resource and Finance at Lifeline Canberra since April 2018.
Terina began as the Lifeline Canberra receptionist in January 2017, you will hear her friendly voice every time you ring through to us. A real people person, always assisting at the Bookfairs, and other fundraising events we have on during the year. She keeps the cogs turning at our organisation on a daily basis.
Lisa joined the team in February 2020, originally as Donations Courier includes: the coordination of all donations at the Lifeline Canberra Warehouse. Coordinator of all Lifeline Canberra Bookfair logistics and liaison with Lifeline Canberra office for collecting scheduling. In October 2020 Lisa began her new role as Logistics Coordinator - over seeing all things, donations, warehouse, Bookfair and Book Lovers Lane.
Laura joined Lifeline Canberra as a warehouse and bookfair volunteer in September 2019. And became a staff member in October 2020 as the Warehouse Coordinator. She is passionate about volunteering, books, non-profits and working toward a better world for those living with mental health challenges. Laura absolutely loves spending time at the warehouse in Mitchell!
Tarah joined the Lifeline Canberra family as our Donations courier in November 2020. She is passionate about helping the Canberra and surrounding communities. Loves sports, animals, puzzles and of course Books! Tarah is still currently work with OzHarvest rescuing food and delivering it to charities.
Maternity Leave From Centre Supervisor
Rebecca is passionate about supporting people with mental illness and raising awareness about mental health issues in the community. She enjoys working with people and the Lifeline Canberra volunteers as they support people in crisis.
• In-Shift Supervisor and Centre Supervisor 2019 - Current
• Lifeline TCS 2017 - Current
Maternity Leave From Communications
Melissa has been a part of the Lifeline Canberra for many years as one of our Ambassadors. She began her role as Communications Coordinator in October 2018, an opportunity to good to pass up. She's exceptionally proud to be working for an organisation so close to her heart, as she begins to move forward with life after her track career.