Steps to accessing the service
Launch the online chat 24 hours / 7 days.
Complete the pre-survey questions. You can choose to remain anonymous or provide us with your name and email address.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Read and accept the terms and conditions.
You will be connected with a Crisis Supporter as soon as one is available.
About this service
- Short-term support for people who are overwhelmed and having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Real time using ‘chat’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one with a Lifeline Online Crisis Supporter
- All internet connections, particularly those from mobile devices, can suffer from dropouts and interruptions.
- If you lose contact with our service, please reconnect.
What we don’t do during the chat
- Tell you what to do
- Judge or criticise
- Ongoing counselling
For more information read the frequently asked questions about Online Crisis Support Chat on the Lifeline Australia website.