Lifeline Canberra is the original creator of the Accidental Counsellor course. This two-day program has been developed for people in virtually any role, who find themselves in situations where counselling or empathetic communication is required.
The program provides participants with a range of tried and tested counselling skills that work to create effective communication and deescalate clients who are in crisis e.g.
- highly distressed
- manipulative, or
- need assistance for a mental health issue.
Click here to download the course info sheet.
Planned upcoming training sessions for Accidental Counsellor:
- 18 + 25 October (non consecutive days)
- 14 - 15 November
- 13 - 14 December
- 30 - 31 January
- 14 + 21 February (non consecutive days)
- 1 - 2 March
- 11 - 12 April
- 1 + 8 May (non consecutive days)
- 30 May + 6 June (non consecutive days)
- 28 - 29 June
Courses run from 9am - 4.30pm.
- General $550 inc GST pp
- Concession $500 inc GST pp (not for profit organisations and pension card holders)
Click here to download a course registration form.
Courses are run only if the minimum number of participants is met. Lifeline Canberra reserves the right to change or cancel course dates due to insufficient numbers.