03 March 2017
Warehouse volunteers needed
We're currently seeking volunteers to join the logistics team at our book warehouse, on an ongoing basis.
Logistics tasks involve:
- Greeting donors and helping to unload their donations.
- Moving boxes of books and other material between the various work areas of the warehouse.
- Collecting pallets of boxed books, and preparing them for storage for the Bookfairs.
- Collecting recyclable paper, plastic and other waste from the sorting work areas.
Training is provided. Some heavy lifting is required.
Our book warehouse is located at 40 Heffernan Street in Mitchell (map).
We have a volunteer break room with tea, coffee and snacks provided.
The Lifeline book warehouse is a great community environment!
- Tuesdays x2 volunteers
- Wednesdays x2 volunteers
- Thursdays x1 volunteer
- Fridays x3 volunteers (urgent)
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
ABOUT LIFELINE CANBERRA’S BOOKFAIRS
Lifeline Canberra’s iconic Bookfairs raise the major portion of funding needed to keep our local 13 11 14 crisis support and suicide prevention service available to those in need.
Click here to read more about the Bookfairs.