Lifeline Canberra is the original creator of the Accidental Counsellor course. This two-day program has been developed for people in virtually any role, who find themselves in situations where counselling or empathetic communication is required.
The program provides participants with a range of tried and tested counselling skills that work to create effective communication and deescalate clients who are in crisis e.g.
- highly distressed
- drug or alcohol affected or
- need assistance for a mental health issue
Click here to download the course info sheet.
Planned upcoming training sessions for Accidental Counsellor:
- 15 - 16 August
- 8 - 9 September
- 19 - 20 October
- 14 - 15 November
- 15 - 16 December
- 2 - 3 February
- 20 + 27 February (two consecutive Mondays)
- 16 - 17 March
- 3 + 10 April (two consecutive Mondays)
- 27 - 28 April
- 10 - 11 May
- 1 - 2 June
- 22 + 29 June (two consecutive Mondays)
- $500 inc GST pp
- $450 in GST pp (not for profit organisations and pension card holders)
Click here to download a course registration form.
Courses are run only if the minimum number of participants is met. Lifeline Canberra reserves the right to change or cancel course dates due to insufficient numbers.