The Collectors' Room (in the Budawang conference centre’s Kakadu Room) contains the rare, valuable and fragile items donated to Lifeline Canberra.
More collectables are now offered just outside this room, with prices from only a few dollars.
The entire Collectables area, including the Collectors' Room, will be open on all three days of the:
Spring 2013 Bookfair:
- Friday 27 September 9am - 6pm
- Saturday 28 September 9am - 5pm
- Sunday 29 September 10am - 3pm
- Friday 28 March 9am - 6pm
- Saturday 29 March 9am - 5pm
- Sunday 30 March 10am - 3pm
In the Collectors' Room: first and limited editions, rare, old, fragile and collectable items – a wide range of adult and children’s books, also pamphlets, posters and ephemera, plus collectable vinyl records and music CDs.
In the adjacent area: vintage books including vintage cooking, role-playing games, and the diverse range of ‘Kollectors' Korner’ items.
Categories can include:
- ACT and NSW local history
- Antarctica and the Arctic
- Art reproductions, prints and posters
- Art, architecture and photography
- Asia and the Pacific
- Australian Aborigines
- Canberra and region
- Children's annuals, pop-up books and novelties
- Children's Australian and overseas classics
- Collectable authors
- Collectable vinyl records and music CDs
- Folio editions
- Journals and magazines
- Nature and environment
- General non-fiction
- Signed editions
Before entering the Collectables area during the Bookfair, please leave all bags of already purchased books at the cloakroom near the building's main entrance.