Changing Lives for the better13 11 14
Information for people in immediate crisis who need help now!
Call Lifeline's 24 hour crisis line on 13 11 14 for support or dial 000 if life is in danger.
Make a donation
Help us answer more calls and provide mental health, suicide prevention and crisis support services to all Australians by making a donation today.
Single, one off donations can be made by electronic transfer, cash, credit card, cheque, or money order.
By volunteering for Lifeline not only will you be making a difference to the lives of other Australians who use the Lifeline services, but you’ll also be enriching your own life.
It takes a lot of dedicated people to provide Lifeline's telephone crisis support services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, across Australia. Lifeline relies on over 11,000 Volunteers nation wide to support Lifeline's crisis support line, help raise funds, work in retail outlets, or conduct administrative duties.
Lifeline Canberra earns a major part of its funding by selling thousands of donated items at our three Bookfairs. We offer a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books for all ages, as well as magazines and pamphlets, comic books and atlases, records, CDs and DVDs, games and puzzles.
A limited selection of our rarer, more valuable or collectable items is available for purchase from our online bookstore catalogue.
The Autumn and Spring Bookfairs have most of the sale items located in the Budawang Building, while the Southside Bookfair is smaller with all sale items located inside The Auditorium, Vikings Erindale
Maps will also provided free of charge upon entrance at all 3 Bookfairs.
What's for Sale?
- Fiction: over 20 categories including science fiction and fantasy, detective, thriller, romance and paranormal
- Non-fiction: including secondary and tertiary textbooks in the sciences, arts and humanities; sports and hobbies; general interest such as biography
- Australiana: A wide range of books which cover Aborigines, the history of Australia, its politics and government, its landforms and people, including a section for individual biographies.
- Collectables: non-fiction, fiction and literature (classical authors), mostly pre 1950
- Magazines and pamphlets: over 50 categories including craft and cooking and sports
- Children's books: over 25 categories including collectables, annuals, Enid Blyton, fiction, non-fiction and teaching resources
- Foreign language books: including French, German, Japanese and others
- Cooking: including general cookbooks, international cooking, celebrity chefs, special diets and drinks
- Religion: including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism
- Music and Dance: books, sheet music
- Records, CDs, DVDs and talking books
- Encyclopaedias and sets
- Maps, atlases and picture books
- Games and puzzles