From 2017, Lifeline Canberra Bookfairs at Exhibition Park will occupy both the Coorong and Budawang Pavilions, with the Collector's Room located off the small corridor between the two buildings. Entry to the Bookfair is through Coorong.
The Southside Bookfairs are smaller and all sale items are located inside the stadium.
If you have any questions or need help finding anything, please ask one of our friendly volunteers on the day.
You can pick up a copy of the map and index when you enter the Bookfairs.
- Non-fiction: including secondary and tertiary textbooks in the sciences, arts and humanities; sports and hobbies; general interest such as biography
- Australiana: A wide range of books which cover Aborigines, the history of Australia, its politics and government, its landforms and people, including a section for individual biographies.
- Maps, atlases and picture books
First and limited editions, rare, old, fragile and collectable items – a wide range of adult and children’s books, also pamphlets, posters and ephemera, plus collectable vinyl records and music CDs. Children's books also include gift quality stock as as well as bookplates from vintage children's books.
- Fiction over 20 categories including science fiction and fantasy, detective, thriller, romance and paranormal
- Vintage non-fiction, fiction and literature (classical authors), mostly pre 1975
- Magazines and pamphlets over 50 categories including craft and cooking and sports
- Children's books over 25 categories including collectables, annuals, Enid Blyton, fiction, non-fiction and teaching resources
- Foreign language books including French, German, Japanese and others
- Cooking including general cookbooks, international cooking, celebrity chefs, special diets and drinks
- Religion including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism
- Music and Dance books, sheet music
- Records, CDs, DVDs and talking books
- Encyclopaedias and sets
- Games and puzzles
Click here for future Bookfair dates.